Hi! Thank you for joining the Loopy Pro public beta! Below are my notes for testers – please read them.
Welcome aboard! I can’t wait to see what you think.
First of all, join us on the Slack group, where most discussion happens:
Once you install Loopy Pro, you’ll notice there’s no manual or intro tutorial yet. I want to see how you go without those things, as it tends to shed light on where I need to make tweaks. If something is confusing, or you just can’t figure out how to achieve something, it’s more likely my fault than yours – get in touch and tell me about it.
If you get a crash, you’ll be prompted to describe what you were doing. Please fill that in. I also really appreciate follow-up messages with more detail. Try to figure out the situation that brought it about, and see if you can reproduce the crash. I adore a reproducible crash report! Although crash logs tell some of the story, it’s often not much, and part of being a beta tester is helping to figure out the rest.
Before making any feature requests, do check the upcoming features list below; it may already be in there.
Please feel free to post about Loopy Pro, and make and publish videos – in fact, I’d be very grateful if you do! ❤️
Getting in Touch
Please do not try to report issues via the Audiobus forum, as I’m not checking it. I’m also only infrequently checking the Loopy forum at present, as the Slack group seems to be working much better for this stage.
When reporting issues, please provide as much detail as you can. The goal here is to help me to understand how the issue comes about, and ideally how to reproduce it, so the more info, the better!
A reproducible issue report makes me a very happy and grateful developer 😉
Again, the main aim here generally is to help me figure out how to reproduce a problem, so I can investigate.
TestFlight has a built-in crash reporter which appears immediately after a crash occurs. Please fill in as much detail as you can here, as it helps me figure out how to reproduce the crash. If you’re in a hurry, feel free to just add a quick note in here, and then send the rest via an email later – feel free also to record a quick voice message describing what happened, and email that, if it’s easier.
After the crash happens, while it’s fresh in your mind, please see if you can reproduce it, by going through the same steps. Loopy should routinely auto-save your project, so hopefully most of it will still be there. If you can reproduce the issue – fantastic! – then please do send me your Loopy project (using the “Export” function), unless the crash can be reproduced on a clean project.
If you’re getting crashes on launch (Now we’re talking! Just the kind of thing we want to catch and fix!), then I’d love to see your Workspace.lpproj. Open the Files app, then navigate to On My iPad, then Loopy, and find Workspace.lproj, long press on it, then tap Share and email it to me ([email protected]). Then delete or rename it so that you can launch Loopy again.
- Add individual tracks as audio sources, as well as colours
- Overdub feedback
- Replace/Substitute and Insert record modes
- Add some default effects in group settings
- Track selection mode: allow switching scenes
- Action: assign color to track
- Reverse for tracks
- Long press on expand grid option to clone the previous row/column
- Retrigger on hold for pads
- Clear currently-muted tracks action
- “Next blank track” track target (+ specify color)
- Track “peel” (turn on/off recent layers)
- Buh-vub-buh-vub vinyl-esque track rollback effect
- Spinback effect
- Beat repeat effect
- Tape stop effect
- 3-band frequency split for Merge module (rather than 2)
- Global independent gain controls for dry and wet signals for LPEffectContainerModule
- Action target: Next selected tracks (multi-select)
- Pin to scenes for scene elements: offers selection of scenes on which to show element (or all scenes). Element can be moved and sized on each scene independently.
- Extend targets to add option to use all scenes or just current scene for some options
- Implement drag to apply effects onto particular tracks, and add setting for fx duration
- Option per-track (and on import) to do tape-style tempo change, with pitch variable rather than held (implement as lock toggle button between tempo and pitch sliders)
- Multi-out AUv3
- iCloud sync
- Split “All Tracks” target into “All Tracks in Scene” and “All Tracks in Project”
- Load effect preset action
- Search bar for effects, and for projects and media, and for actions
- Multi-input AUv3 sidechain support
- Song Position Pointer (SPP) support
- LFO for continuous MIDI actions
- Loop slicer: more targets, including groups
- Fade shapes for tracks
- Action: Store/recall track playback states (for target group/scene)
- Popover menu for new track buttons with options including instant import
- Action: Clear all tracks which are currently muted.
- Quantize transients within the loop
- SoftStep 2 LED control
- Time scrubber widget/MIDI controller (like Samplr)
- Multiline notes field in LPWidgetController
- Undo/Redo in EQ, maybe replacing Audition feature
- Audio-based clock sync
- Sidechain inputs for AUv3s that support a second input
- Group sidechain envelope following (as well as individual tracks)
- UI from effect side to setup sidechain envelope follow
- Beat slice sequencer link
- Echo Canceller: detect when calibration needed
- Polyphonic beat slicer grid
- Color targets: allow selection from current scene only, or whole project